Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Feedback: You Become Responsible...

First of all, I would like to direct you towards one of the most touching, beautifully written posts that I have ever read, which was posted on both Eventing Nation and Horse Nation this past Wednesday (April 8th): ‘You Become Responsible, Forever, for What You Have Tamed’ by Leslie Wylie.

Quotes are always more meaningful in black and white
I would highly recommend and encourage everyone to read that post - regardless of discipline; heck, even if you don't ride or own a horse you should read it! Right now. Go do it. 

Did you read it? 

Seriously, did you?

Ok, then let's proceed.

I love this piece of writing for a couple reasons. One, because Wylie so eloquently describes the relationship that she had with her first horse, Mishka, and how they tamed each other. I think a lot of us who were around horses particularly as children and teens can relate to their relationship. Second, I thought this post was an incredible example of responsible horse ownership. Finally, the quote from The Little Prince, the title of Wylie's post and the one in the picture above, can apply to many different aspects of life and relationships, both Human-Human and Human-Horse, and I think it can also be applied and interpreted in different ways. 

There are a whole lot of things that I want to write about in relation to Wylie's piece. I think I may actually be...inspired. Creatively, I don't think that has happened to me in a LONG time. Since I've supplied you with Wylie's original post (which you have read now, right?) and since I haven't had the time put all of my thoughts and everything that I want to say into a cohesive, un-stream-of-conciousness post, I just want this bit of feedback for now: What was your reaction to Wylie's post? Do/did you have a similar relationship with a horse?

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the original post. It struck a chord with me - I literally tamed my horse, considering he's a mustang. We've gone through so much together. I've made so many decisions to stick with him, and I still re-affirm that commitment every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post. Made me also feel like it's possible to sell a horse and NOT have it go into a bad situation as long as you are responsible and keep tabs on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thought it was a great, and thought-provoking piece

    ReplyDelete