Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Photos: Tiny Pony (and Goat) Take Over

I took the day off of work on Tuesday in order to meet the vet for our barn's spring shots plus Maggie's chiro. I'm not sure how clear I've made it on this blog, but in addition to Maggie I also own a mini horse (Zipper) and a goat (Billy).

"Where to?"
Zipper and Billy both live at my parent's place a town away from the barn where Maggie is boarded. When it comes time for shots I usually like to trailer Zipper and Billy over to Maggie's barn in order keep all my animals on the same schedule and to avoid an extra farm call fee. 

"OH GOD, WHERE ARE WE GOING?"
It's kind of a pain in the butt to pick up my trailer, go get Zipper and Billy, bring them to the barn for shots, go back and drop them off, then go back to the barn to drop my trailer off, but it is kind of fun having all of my fuzzy kids in one place at the same time. It's also totally worth saving the 50 buck farm call and waiting around for another half a day.

Unfortunately, there isn't currently an extra stall in our barn right now. Therefore Maggie got shut out in her paddock so the little ones could hang out in her stall for a bit. Of course, once the kids arrived they had all of the resident horses' undivided attention for pretty much the entire afternoon.

Surrounded
And what do you do when you're a guest in someone else's house? If you're a mini and a goat you immediately roll in their shavings and eat their food.




Everyone knows that minis are the sassiest, most attitude-filled creatures around and Zipper is no exception. She owns it wherever she goes and absolutely nothing fazes her. She'll come right up and say hello to every horse in the barn, but the second she thinks they're getting too close she'll unleash the Power Squeal which is always closely followed by the Mighty Tail Swish.






Billy just religiously follows Zipper around and is kind of clueless.

"Hi?"
Once Maggie went onto the crossties prior to her chiro, I let them out to wander her muddy paddock.




This turned out to be a grave error:

Picture doesn't even do it justice.
The vet came and went (mostly on time too!) and everyone got their shots. Before packing the little ones up and heading home I took the opportunity to get a couple pictures of myself with both my girls - I've never had a picture with me and the both of them in it before!



I will leave you with these two things:
  1. The scary but real fact that Zipper's beard is over 6 inches long:
 

        2. Another goat meme:


Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Goat Meme! Definitely ridin' dirty! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i love your herd!!! Zipper's beard is legit tho haha - it's almost as big as she is!

    ReplyDelete