Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day Late Transformation Tuesday

Because "Transformation Wednesday" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

I bought a print and a Facebook download from the official photographer that was at the RRDC show the other weekend to commemorate our first 2'6" round. Even though I'm making a funny face, Maggie looks fab. Plus 20% of the photo sales goes back to the RRDC to help with the cost of the show - I thought that was pretty cool.

Photo by Nature of Light Photography
I also was emailing back and forth with the MSPCA earlier this week about a random volunteer project and I sent them the above picture just as a little update. They'll actually use it on their Facebook page later this week or next week. They sent back a picture of Maggie from when she first arrived at the farm that I hadn't seen before:

Photo courtesy of the MSPCA Nevin's Farm
The MSPCA staff member who sent me that picture said: "I remember trying to coax her near to me with pieces of apple. She was so afraid of everything back then, and now she soars over fences :)" 

Look at her mane, and her ribs, and that left hind hoof.

Sometimes one of the last things I want to do is crank out a blog post when I'm feeling tired, burnt out, or like I've been neglecting my poor husband. But then I get a reminder like this about the journey that this horse has already been through and it gets me really excited for what's still to come - and really excited to keep documenting it!



12 comments:

  1. This made me smile so hard. You've done so well with her! I used to foster dogs for a rescue, and the rescue always loves seeing 'after' pictures. They like it so much, they do a calendar every year and ask that we send in 'Alumni Photos'. You made their day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's almost unrecognizable. Amazing work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! That is quite a transformation! You have a lot to be proud of. That's a pretty extreme makeover! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww the feels!!!! I only started reading your blog recently and I didn't know Maggie's story - what an incredible turnaround. She seems so much happier and more confident in herself now, so happy for your both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! She's a great example of how a rescue horse can not only make a friend, but also a show partner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This got me teary eyed! What an amazing story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow she looks amazing!!! you must be so proud of her - and yourself!! - for all the work you've put in. nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome for Maggie! And also, how awesome for you competing in your first 2'6" class! Congratulations on both of your wonderful accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! The power of a little love, food, and proper care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awesome! Best transformation Tuesday I've seen in a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obvi I've been under a rock and totally didn't realize that you adopted Maggie! That is absolutely amazing and holy cow, if she didn't have such distinct markings I wouldn't believe that was the same horse!! You should be so incredibly proud :D

    ReplyDelete